How do I order a cake?
- All cakes are custom made to order to your specifications.
- We do not have any pre-made cakes and do not ship cakes.
- We recommend 1-2 weeks for most orders and 2-3 months for weddings or larger party cakes.
- If you need to place an order within a shorter time, please call or email us for availability.
What are your prices?
- Minimum order is $75.00
- Each cake is a unique creation, prices will depend on a number of variables – the complexity of design, number of servings, and ingredients.
- If you are trying to stay within a budget, we will work with you to find a design that is within your desired range.
- Please call or email to discuss pricing.
What is your payment policy for Party Cakes?
- Orders under $250 or placed with less than two weeks’ notice require payment in full at the time of ordering.
- Orders over $250: A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your order; the balance is due at one week prior to your event.
- Orders cancelled within two weeks of delivery, no payments will be refunded.
What is your payment policy for Wedding Cakes?
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your date; the balance is due at 30 days prior to your wedding.
- Orders placed with less than 60 days notice require payment in full by credit card at the time of ordering.
- Paid orders cancelled within 30 days of wedding date, no payments will be refunded.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- For your convenience we accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Personal checks may be accepted at our discretion and must be received 7 days before pickup/delivery date. Final cake confirmation is made once the check has been received and cleared.
- If your check does not clear you will be responsible for the amount of the check and a $35.00 non-sufficient funds (NSF) charge.
Can you accommodate food allergies and dietary restrictions?
- YES! We believe that everyone deserves to eat cake at their party and we can accommodate many allergy or dietary restrictions!
- We have created many wonderful cakes for people with allergies or intolerance to ingredients.
- While we pay serious attention to the preparation, baking and storage processes to prevent cross-contamination; all cakes are made in the same location.
Is your kitchen licensed or inspected?
- Yes. Just Ask Mo Custom Cakes operates from a licensed, residential bakery that follows the guidelines set forth by the Virginia Department of Agriculture.
I’m out of town; can you deliver something to a local loved one?
- Yes! Customers from all over the world contact us to have cakes, cupcakes or gift baskets delivered to their kids who are in college, loved ones, friends with birthdays, or any other special occasion.
Can I choose a design I saw in a magazine or online?
- We are happy to use images, invitations, or colors as inspirations for your cake design.
- Google Images also has hundreds of great inspirations for starting point; but we like to design a unique cake for each client.
Do you offer delivery or can I pick up my cake?
- YES! Delivery when available is at an additional cost and starts at $25.00. We will give you a window of delivery.
- You are also welcome to pick up your cake order and we can help you safely position it in your car for travel.
- Once you take delivery of your cake or collect the cake in person we can no longer be responsible for any damage sustained to your cake thereafter.
Do you rent cupcake stands?
- Yes, cupcake stands are only available to customers purchasing cupcakes from us with a refundable equipment deposit.
- You are responsible for arranging safe and cleaned return of all rented display items within 72 hours of the end of your event.
Our goal is complete customer satisfaction and look forward to exceeding your expectations. If something is not right with your order, let us know of the problem upon collection or delivery. Please call (703) 359-5055 and we will work with you to make it right.
* All terms, conditions and information listed on this site is subject to change without advanced notice.